Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger's dead?

I feel like I did when I heard that Princess Diana had passed away.
A deep sadness.

A Knight's Tale was playing in theatres the weekend I turned 40. My friends took me to see it, and then I went to see it 4 more times with anyone else who I could talk into going. Last Christmas I had a Heath Ledger film fest and I watched 4 or 5 of his movies in a row at home.

I can't believe he's gone.
And his little daughter, Matilda ... sigh... she's going to grow up without a dad.
Oh my goodness, what a non-sunny way to end a fabulous holiday.

Speaking of non-sunny, it was cloudy for most of the day. But I sat outside beside the pool anyway. Because a cloudy day in Mexico is better than a freezing cold rainy day in BC. Way better.

It was quiet around here. All of us enjoying our last day in our own way. For the others it involved Sudoku. For me, it was reading.

I've finished 4 books down here:
Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
All New People by Anne Lamott
Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell
Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich

We went out for dinner again this evening. This time to a tiny spot north of PV, just up the coast a little way. We were on the main road, then veered onto a back lane, then turned sharply into a back yard and voila - we were there. Their back yard (between two brightly painted two story stucco buildings) was the grassy, tree-filled parking lot. Their brightly lit back patio was dotted with white plastic chairs, and white plastic tables covered with brightly coloured mexican blankets.

It was awesome.

(In case you're wondering, I had shrimp prepared in garlic butter. Oh, yum.)

Afterwards, we went for a drive through an artsy, quaint town then stopped to take a look at the show-suite of Wayne's latest condo project. Divine. Stunning. I'll post pics on Thursday.

We played some more Rummykub when we got back - and ta dahhhh! I lost again. That's something like 18 consecutive games I've lost. It so doesn't matter to me.

And I guess that's it.
The holiday is done. Tomorrow is a travel day...

Three things I'm thankful for:
1. YAY - a message from Clint. He's doing well and loving the experience.
2. YAY - I get to see Max and Drew tomorrow night at 11:30 at the airport.
3. Ice cubes.

Rest in peace, Heath.

Shalom,

No comments: